Friday, June 24, 2011

So I have a blog now...

So I have a blog now. If you're reading this, there's a very good chance that you know me. In fact, you probably got badgered by me into reading my blog. If not, short story: I'm Jonathan, I go by J.K., I speak a bunch of languages, and I study History and Geography at the University of Chicago.

The title jumped into my head. It's a combination of elements of my last name, some interests, and something that happens to me a lot.

This blog is going to document some of my summer adventures and thoughts. I'm going to be going to East Asia - mostly to Guangdong province of China - for an internship from July 28 to September 23, and you should definitely expect a lot of posts then. I'll find a way with proxies to get to Blogger.

Before then, I'll post some long-standing thoughts I've had about the New York area, where I am right now (specifically, I'm about to leave work), as well as information on my various adventures.

I hope you enjoy my first foray into blogging, or at the very least, put up with me patiently before going to Facebook/Gmail/academic websites/webcomics/so on and so forth.

Before you go: two awesome blogs to share.

1. My friend H. is in Santiago, Chile this summer for a research experience, and is blogging his epic adventures at http://scienceinsantiago.blogspot.com.

2. The Omniglot blog has all sorts of nifty things on language and such. http://www.omniglot.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment