Thursday, August 18, 2011

Beach Trip


We took our summer students to the beach yesterday. The beach is in Dapeng, on a peninsula under Shenzhen City’s Control but about 60-70km away from campus. I led some team building activities, and later, we had a barbecue. Barbecued mantou (buns) are amazing. I’ll let the pictures do the talking.

Mountainous approach to the beach. It's *kinda terrifying* to be on a curvy, dirt road in a giant bus going at 70 km/h.

The beach!

More beach. This place is gorgeous.

Birthday line-up in progress. The activities were a success.

You can take me out of Chicago, but you can never take the Maroon out of me.

My colleague Chenli and his chicken skewers. 
That’s it. Sorry for the short post. I’m going to Shanghai tonight through Sunday night. Expect a post Monday or Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment