Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Birthday and Dad

Short post this time.

My 20th birthday was on Monday. It feels really weird not to be a teenager, and it feels really strange to be a "twentysomething." I feel kind of ... old. It's also really amazing to be able to spend a birthday abroad...it's sort of like being inside the birthday cake. I like it.

Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the birthday wishes. It really meant a lot to me. I feel very loved.

Monday also happened to be the confluence of several things. It is a public holiday in Mainland China, but the day before one in Hong Kong. So, I had the day off. Secondly, my dad happens to be in the area on business, with a particularly important meeting on the morning of the 12th. There was no question: I went into Hong Kong to hang out with my dad.

It was a great day. I got a new pair of eyeglasses (way cheaper than the States) and a new blazer (ditto), and I spent time with my dad between his meetings. We went to a great Japanese place for dinner. It was really great seeing my dad - it's nice to suddenly have family around after being away for so long!

The border, because of the holiday, was really quiet. It was a bit unnerving.

Dad had meetings in Shenzhen today, so I went out with him for dinner, which was really good. I also showed him around where I'm working and living, and he seemed to like that a lot.

Unfortunately, I have had a quite nasty cough for the past three or four days, so my boss has asked me to go back to Hong Kong tomorrow to see the doctor. Guys, I'll be fine (knock on wood), but I need to take care of myself. I'm feeling great mentally, but physically, I should probably see someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment