Thursday, November 10, 2011

Banana Rye Muffins

This post will be brief. I had a really terrible day yesterday - a relative died, and a friend was involved in a serious accident. However, I promised someone that I'd post this recipe, so here it is.

I'm working on a longish post right now. It should be ready sometime next week.

Anyway...muffins.

I made these muffins earlier this week for a social group that I attend. I didn't think much of them - they tasted good - but they got pretty quickly devoured by my friends, one of whom ate a few of them. So I'm posting this, because anyone who appreciates bananas and rye as much as I do should make this.

Banana Rye Muffins


3-4 bananas, smashed
~1.5 cups rye flour
1 cup sugar
3-4 eggs
1/4-1/2 cup of milk
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease a muffin tin. (For bread, switch the muffin tin for a loaf pan).

Mix the bananas, flour, sugar, milk and eggs. You should get a thick batter. If your batter is still thin, add more rye flour and sugar in the same proportion, or in a proportion with a heavier emphasis on the rye flour.

Pour into the muffin tins. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 20-25 minutes should be dandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment