Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ten Reasons I Love Being Jewish on Christmas

I don't mean to be a Grinch, but not celebrating Christmas is kinda awesome sometimes.

1. Barely a soul on the nature paths. I walked three miles and saw two people.

2. You can roll a bowling ball down the main roads.

3. Chinese food, Thai food, Japanese food.

4. No more explaining why you don't celebrate Christmas. The holiday spirit is great and all, but honestly, it gets old after the tenth time.


5. Tomorrow I will eat the leftover fruitcake of my friends.

6. So many post-Christmas sales. Returned presents and wondrous, wondrous discounts.

7. The computer store run by the Orthodox Jewish techie community in New York is closed, because they would have to handle all the returns if they were open. (They enjoy 1-6 too.)


8. If you take the train, you are the only person on it.

9. Flights are super-cheap on Christmas Day. My family's flown to Israel on Christmas before to save money.

10. People are so excited about presents that they forget about mistletoe. (Not in the circumstances for this option this year, but I totally plead the fifth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment