On request of Douglas Graebner. I've made this easy pastry a few times.
15 oz. canned or pureed pumpkin
1/2-2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3-1/2 cup chocolate chips (depends on taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a 9x9 cake pan.
2. Put the pumpkin in a large bowl - if it's canned, you need to stir it around a bit.
3. Add the milk and eggs and mix well.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix well. It's easier to mix them in before the flour.
5. Add the sugar, flour and baking powder and mix well. You should have a sticky, doughy batter at this point.
6. Pour the batter in the pan and spread evenly. The batter makes really pretty little peaks.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean but for a few crumbs. Remove, cool, serve.