Parve Applesauce Cake
1 1/2 cups applesauce
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2-3/4 cup cooking oil
1. Preheat an oven to 375 F. Grease a 8 x 8 cake tin.
2. Mix the ingredients except for the cooking oil until well blended.
3. Add cooking oil, first as a half cup. Mix well and check the consistency - it should be a thick batter but without doughy bits. If there are doughy bits, add another 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
4. Decant into the pan and bake for 35 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean but the cake is still soft. Cool and serve.
12-15 oz pureed pumpkin (use canned if you want to save time)
1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2-3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup baking powder
1. Preheat an oven to 375 F. Prepare a pie crust if you wish.
2. Mix the pumpkin, eggs and milk until well blended.
3. Add the dry ingredients. Mix until you have a loose batter with some thickness.
4. Pour into your holding mechanism and bake for 45 minutes, or until the custard has set and a knife comes out clean. Cool and serve.