I was going to write a rant about consistency, but that post is still in the works.
In the meanwhile, a friend's girlfriend told me about slutty brownies - delicious cakes of ass-fattening goodness: layered brownies, Oreos, and cookie dough, baked together to gooey, diabetes-inducing deliciousness.
I adjusted the recipe slightly for my prayer group. Here are the....Overfatty Cakes!
makes enough to give at least 12 people sugar highs
4-6oz chocolate chips
3/4 c. canola oil or melted butter
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
16-20 Chocolate-cream Oreos
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
2-4 oz chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease an 8x8 cake pan.
2. Mix all the cookie cake ingredients together to form a thickish batter. Pour into the cake pan and spread evenly.
3. Layer the Oreos on top of the cookie cake batter in an even pattern. Do not stack. Holes are OK. It should look something like this when done.
You might have room for a row of half-Oreos.
4. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or in a steam-pot with 3 tsp water mixed in.
5. Mix the remaining brownie ingredients.
6. Slowly mix in the melted chocolate until you have a consistent, medium-thickness batter.
7. Pour the brownie mix into the cake pan on top of the Oreos and cookie cake batter. Be sure that the brownie is spread evenly and covers the entire cake; it is important that the Oreos absorb some of the brownie batter.
8. Bake for ~45 minutes or until a toothpick only comes out with Oreo filling and a few crumbs. Remove, cool, cut, serve, grow fat.