My friend Myra wanted to see my brownie recipe - as in, when they're not encased in cheesecake or on top of cookie dough and Oreos.
So here it is! Shabbat shalom u'mvorach!
|Brownies! And me.|
adapted off the Smitten Kitchen recipe
7-oz. chocolate chips
1 stick of butter
3 tbsp water
1/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups sifted flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
2. Melt the chocolate into the butter and water in a saucepan until you have a thick ganache. Set aside to cool. You should slice the butter into bits for quicker and more consistent melting.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the ganache and milk until well blended.
4. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Add the flour and sugar in equal proportions, about 1/4th at a time. That's a 1/2 cup sugar and a 1/4 + bit cup flour each time. Add the baking powder with one of the additions. Stir until consistent each time.
6. Pour into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out only with a few crumbs. For the best result, do not bake until a clean toothpick. Set aside and cool before cutting and serving.